Being the end of our winter, i know that my skin is screaming out for some tender lovin' care. But nowadays it's so hard to find a product for your skin that does not contain a million chemicals and does not cost a million dollars to purchase. Because I am a girl and like many of you love wearing makeup...I therefore like to use natural products when it comes to cleaning and moisturising it. Below is the steps to make a facial mask/scrub that I like to whip up every so often in the comfort of my own crib...and has also become my wallets new bffl!
What you need is:
- 5 raw almonds: when crushed these babies make an excellent facial scrub removing any dead skin cells or debris
- half a handful of oats: has anti inflammatory properties and also exfoliates skin
- 2 drops of lavender: reduces and scarring on the skin and also assists with the balance of oil production
- a tbsp of greek yoghurt: yoghurt contains lactic acids which help smooth rough, dry skin and minimise the size of large pores making your skin feel like a babys bum bum
- a tsp of honey: boy oh boy does this leave the skin feeling silky smooth with its natural antioxidants that it consists of
So you basically crush all the almonds like an angry man (i used the base of a rolling pin) and than mix it through with all the other ingredients and voila! you end up with mooshy goodness that your skin will be gagging for
Than go into kindergarten mode and smoosh it all over your face. Make sure you really rub it in to get the most out of your exfoliating goodies (oats and almonds). Then leave it on for 10-15 minutes, wash off and pat dry with a towel!
oh and if you are by any chance allergic to any of the ingredients involved than it's prooooobably not a wise idea to use this facial mask